Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beginning my Work Sample

So today I began my work sample, and although I started out a little nervous, I really liked the way that it turned out for the most part. What worked: I think my PowerPoint presentation flowed rather smoothly and the read aloud I did with the kids really seemed to capture their attention. I had a lot of fun reading to them a book that was pertinent to the content we were covering and I think that they enjoyed it too.  What didn't work/What I would try to do different next time: although I really thought all of the information I covered was important, I don't think the students got enough time for the mini project I had planned. I will definitely want to allow my students more time for the creative portion of my daily lesson and less lecture time, but this  will be a tough balancing act between not robbing my students of their work time and me not being able to give all the information I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment