Friday, March 16, 2012

Question #10

So, again, I really only have two experiences to draw from so it's always nice to see and hear how other people do things.  This weeks question is about the time you spend after the last bell rings.  The teacher that I first observed, who was a good teacher, most of the time worked the time she was required to put in (7:20-3:20), whereas my current mentor teacher says that she stays until 5:30 everyday and often works longer.  I was wondering what kind of time you spend after the bell and how you use that time (student help, clubs/ extracurricular, meetings, etc.)? Do you often spend more time than required at school and if so do you feel that it detracts from your family life or do you just see it as part of the job and it is enjoyable?

Thank you for all of your input this semester, it has been wonderful hearing your opinions and how you work things in your classroom. I really do love hearing as many different perspectives as possible, I feel that it will only help me be a better educator in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment