Friday, March 16, 2012

Flexibility is Key

The second half of this week was madness!  Unfortunately, I am on a time crunch due to student teaching and my lesson plans are very precise, but when teaching onWednesday, as all good teachers need to be, I had to put on my flexible hat.  I had allotted only one day for my students to work with clay and as the period was wrapping up I was noticing that NONE of the students were finished. This instilled panic in me quickly, so of course I had to make the decision to let them continue on the clay portion of their project the next day.  This would not be a big deal if I wasn't on such a time crunch, but this is something that could happen if I had my own classroom as well (i.e. the end of the semester or right before a long break).  I think that I handled the situation correctly, however the panic feeling was not settling, however it was a good to experience to have during my student teaching so that I know how to or how I would solve this when I am on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment