Friday, March 9, 2012

Choosing Final Project

Although I presented all three assignments with great enthusiasm, to my surprise, a majority of the class gravitated to one assignment, the Spirit Stick (the 3D project).  32 student (3/4th of the class) chose this project, with the other chunk of students chose the painting project, with only one student choosing the story telling project.  I did not anticipate there being quiet the division in project choices. to me, this tells me that most students want to work with hands on materials, with also a strong interest in painting. Although I don't know if I would present a lesson like this again due to the lack of ability to get into one subject in depth, but I do know which assignments would go over better than other.  It will be fun to see if the students still like the option they chose after we begin the final project.  Best part of (student) teaching, experimenting and see what's working and what is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment