Friday, March 2, 2012

Messin With My Schedule!

Today was a snow day for the Salem-Keizer School District, and on the extremely tight schedule I am working under, it really hurt my planning! So tomorrow I am going back to school and will need to revamp my plan.  My lesson was/is suppose to finish tomorrow, but because we missed today I am not sure that the students will finish.  If my students don't finish their artwork tomorrow, I am thinking about sending their work home with them over the weekend.  It terrifies me that they won't bring back their artwork after the weekend, so I am going to consult with my mentor tomorrow before school to see what she has to say about the issue.  Ultimately it is my choice, and it will be something that I will have to make the call for when I see how far along my students are at the end of the class.  Although my situation is unique because of my time crunch due to my student teaching, it is an important lesson to learn...you must be flexible and ALWAYS have a plan B, or be willing to cut something from your lesson that you feel is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment