Friday, March 2, 2012

Wrapping Up a Lesson

Today some of my students began wrapping up their grid drawing.  Although I began my lesson with a number of projects that they could do after they were finished (anticipating that some of them would be completing the project) I had a number of students, towards the second half of class, begin to get up and walk around, not doing what I asked them to do and in some cases distracting other students in the class.  Although there were not too many of these students, there will be more on Monday who are completing and needing something to do.  So for Monday, I will make a major point about what they need to be doing and enforce what I ask them to do, so that they remain focused throughout the whole period and that they are not disturbing others. I will do this by telling them what I expect them to do after they are finished, have them repeat that information to me and, if needed, ask students on an individual basis what they should be doing if they need to be redirected.

No comments:

Post a Comment