Friday, March 16, 2012

Smooth Finish

Although I am not done with my work sample and student teaching, today went marvelously and really made me feel like everything is going to be okay.  After a week of some stressful lessons, today the lesson went fabulous (aside from me injuring myself during a lecture on safety), the students were on task and creating authentic unique works of art.  They all seemed to be enjoying themselves thoroughly and as the class wrapped up,  a number of students said good bye to me who normally never acknowledged me.  I think that today was one of those moments that teachers hang on to when they are having a bad day and need that glimmer of hope. I will remember this day and this group of students for a very long time. I was lucky to be blessed with a smart, talented bunch of middle school students for this portion of my student teaching and can't wait to make new connections with the next group of high school students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment