Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Excursion to the Library

Today I took the students to the library to do research for their projects.  I think they did need the time to look at reference material to get solid ideas for how to illustrate the animal they chose to focus on, but I think that I could have gone about it a different way, or just learn better ways to take students to the library.  It was a little difficult managing 45 students spread over the library.  A lot of students were on task, but some were using the time to socialize (they would of course stop when I moved close and return to the minimal work they were preforming). I clearly need work on my classroom management, particularly in confronting students who are not on task (by nature I hate confrontation and this can definitely be a conundrum when working with students, I know this and worry about it).  Any tips on how to maintain management when you move students outside of the classroom setting when you have a few squirrely  kids who won't stay on task?

No comments:

Post a Comment